View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2006
The Final Frontier

foolofthehill has a spectacular aura about

I'm pretty much aware about such contracts, which I had once signed myself. However, Sgt. posted his comment in a way like "they're about to bring you <gnutella> down, one way or the other".......
If his post was meant to be helpful (in a preventing way), he would be able to find means and ways to hint into the right direction without exposing himself to the public, or his former employer.
But not doing so, or excusing himself not to do so, leaves me with 2 alternatives to think.........the first one has been implied by LOTR and the second one would be to assume that he wants to spread (intentionally) a certain kind of unease around the Gnutella network......

@Sgt.
Don't take my opinion as an offense,......rather think about how your comments are understood from people who might not be that deep into the matter as you stated to be (or were).
I don't even want to know what's going on behind certain doors in regard to P2P, my life is already exciting enough; but it will come down to how you see the approaches of certain groups (of which you say you have knowledge of), and to the conclusion you draw from this knowledge (in an ethical way).
And let me tell you, being a German, I have learned not to accept every and all because of laws and rules.........(which is actually your excuse,....)

Just my 5-cent-worth