View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2006
Enthusiast

Ed91 is flying high

None taken. We all want the same thing here, and I'm perfectly happy to use the tools myself. I'm just thinking about the software and possible ways it could be improved, but yeah, I see where you're coming from.
I suppose I'm just trying to find ways around that, as it would make Limewire more "professional" and modern security wise. Could such a service be made optional, thus still volentry? That way, the legal route would seem less appealing as it could just be turned on/off, and even if the legal route was taken over the automatic downloading, it could be used to market limewire as a safe/secure way to distrubute music legally for users that would be worried by the prospect of ilegal downloads. Those less worried could just turn the service off. Or if it even got to that stage it would be well within your rights to make it a subscription service for the users of the professional software only, thus killing it off as no one would want it.

I have a feeling it's just one of those arguments I'm not going to win though, so I'll go back to the drawing board!

Ed