View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2006
Apprentice

.xx[0]h is flying high
Angry Error message when downloading. I REALLY need your help!!

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." This comes up shortly after I launch the installer, after I select the language and everything. I've read other threads that have a link to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl....shtml?msvcr71 for downloading the .dll file or whatever. Anyways, since it's a Zip file, when it downloaded and I opened up the folder, I hit "Extract Files". Then it said that Windows couldn't open it because it was in use by other programs or applications or whatever, and that editing or modifying it could damage my computer. Then I hit OPEN anyways and it said that Windows couldn't identify which program runs it or something. So. I was stuck.

Then I read the Readme and it said for help opening zip files go to www.winzip.com and download the program. Well, I'm not going to waste $30 on it.

Sooo. Can anybody help me out here? Does anybody know an alternative way I could open the file with? THANKS SO MUCH.