View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2006
Apprentice

vonfukenstein is flying high
Default Can't share my own files - why?

Hello! I'm on a Mac G4 (Quicksilver) and G4 Powerbook. I cannot seem to share the files which I've created. I use basic Limewire version 4.10.9. I have not updated to the latest version due to all of the conflicts I've been reading about with Java, Limewire and Macs. If it ain't broke... don't fix it!

However I now have a need to share some of my own files - and I can't get them to "take" for lack of a better word. I put the newly created files into my "Limewire Downloads" folder and they show up just fine in the Library. I edit them for statistics. I refresh the folders. They are THERE! I can launch them. Under Library, I click on each file and make sure that it's "shared". YET... when I do a search on them, they never, ever show up in my searches. I have tried this twice over several months. Nothing either time. I've tried with mpg, jpg, jpeg and even lowly wmv. Nothing shows up in searches.

I've even had other people do searches from their systems - both Mac and PC - and nothing. What am I doing worong? What am I missing?

Thanks!
vonfukenstein