View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2006
Novicius

synik_1979 is flying high
Default I got SCAMMED! Goodbye $70!!

Does anybody (including moderaters) know anything about a company called
“EUCLID NETWORKS” (LOCATION: BASSETERRE, ST-KITTS, WEST INDIES)?

I recently attempted to download "Limewire". I "googled" it and it gave me a list of sites to dowload it from, including one site in the "Sponsored Links" section (highlighted at the top of the first page) that eventually scammed me.

Heres the link: http://www.download-it-free.com/limewire/

The site was kitted out with "Limewire" colours and logo's, and the download section even stated that I would be downloading "LimeWire 5.5" (Please note the capital "W"). I proceeded to the checkout to finalise the order by credit card and discoved that the bill had come to $51.29USD ($67.37AUD).
This price included, quote:

"Lifetime Full & Unlimited Access for a total of 23.46 $ USD
Pro Version for a total of 12.95 $ USD
NetSpyProtector Option - Protect yourself from malware for a total of 14.88 $ USD"

I was originally under the impression that the download was free ("download-it-free"), but as I was keen to get this thing up and running, went ahead with the transaction thinking to myself that it was a small price to pay for unlimited downloads.

I was then directed, from a link that was sent to my email inbox, to a site by the name of the "Music Members Area"....No sign of the "Limewire" logo here. Surprise, Surprise! I completed the download and was surprised and angered to see that the software I had just bought was not "Limewire" at all...it was in fact a piece of software called "360 Share Pro"...Not what I paid for!!!

Not only was it not what I paid for, but even with Java uptes, it dosen't even launch! I've not only paid $70AUD for a piece of software that I was delibrately (mis) led to believe was "Limewire", but that dosen't even work!!!

How does a company of your status, let companies such as this ruin your credibility and get away with deliberately false or misleading advertising (Taking into account the small print and smallest differences in spelling of product name) of your products ??

Am I the only one, or has this happened to other people aswell??

What can I do about getting this company shut down??

Or more to the point, what can Gnutella do to get them shut down?? Anything?? Or are they "legally" (due to small technicalities) allowed to trade like this?

I realise I've been scammed and there is probably little to no chance of getting my money back (no contact information or links on the site and company not listed in the West Indies business directory) but is there any other way, apart from this site and "Consumer Affairs Australia", that I can lodge a complaint on this operation/scam?

Any advice, comments, or similar stories would be great.

Cheers,
Dallas (Melbourne, Australia)