View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2006
Disciple

x33kimsy is flying high
Unhappy Error MSG. wont let me connect

hello there, ive recently downloaded limewire and everytime i go and try to search or something i will get an error msg that says you dont have an active internet connection or your firewall is blocking limewire and i do have an active internet connection and my firewall is configured to let limewire access the net. Ive had limewire on my computer before and it worked fine but my brother deleted it and now since ive redownloaded it it wont connect and i only get one green bar.if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

here are my details:
1. OS version?Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? i have a windows firewall but its turned off. and i also have norton interent security thats enabled.
3. How much ram?
4. Hard Disk space available?
5. Connection type? DSL
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?My modem is westell 6100
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.My limewire version is 4.12.4 and my java is 1.5.0_06
9. Who is your isp provider (Internet Service Provider)? Verizon
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
11. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.No ive tried limewire before but it hasnt worked for me.
12. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?ive tried to go to that page but it doesnt work and this page cannot be displayed comes up.