View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2002
Novicius

fortune is flying high
Angry Type 2 Errors in 2.0 with OS9.2.2

Using OS9.2.2 and both Limewire Mac 2.0 and 2.05 beta (I tried one for a few days and then the other), and having installed the latest MRJ 2.2.5 from Apple (after having no success with the 2.2.5 that is included with Limewire) I STILL get Type 2 errors. I also increased my memory allocated to Limewire to 100 mb! I even kept the About This Computer window open so I could see a spike in memory. I will say, it did something I've NEVER seen a Mac Application do... Limewire kept increasing the amount of memory it was taking. By the time it crashed with a Type 2 error again, it had allocated 149 mb to itself (49mb OVER the max limit I had set to allow it). It also had only been using a third of it when it crashed (only - LOL). So there wasn't any sort of spike in memory that went over the limit.

There is something *very* wrong with an application that continues to take more and more memory, even past the amount that is allocated to it. I can only imagine how this impacts the system and other applications overall. I hope that this is something Limewire plans to improve. Until then, I'm going to go back to the 1.8c I found a link to on this forum.