View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2006
Enthusiast

Marcassin is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondering why

I do know that Limewire doesn't restrict any downloads as it doesn't have anything to do with what people share on the network, it's just the software that links our computers to one another...
I've been wondering because I've tried to download episodes from an American TV series -sorry, we are not allowed to give any titles- and my search didn't produce any results except for two, one which was a song with the same title and another that if clicked on took you to the Amazon page advertising the DVD.
So I 'm getting them from e-Donkey but downloading is much slower than with LWpro
Just like the movie I'd been trying to download and (like Pope97) got a huge number of files to choose from with plenty of sources and LW kept saying "need new sources". I got CD1 from e-Donkey within 2 days while many others (part 2 or full movie) are being downloaded.
Being stubborn I went back to LW until I got one out of hundreds of them that could download. Finally it took just a few hours for the complete movie to download from LWpro whereas it took at least two days with e-Donkey to download the first part of that same movie . That's why I'd rather use LW