View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2006
Enthusiast

Ed91 is flying high

I've seen a few people having this problem, including myself when searching for more popular files recently and I saw somthing that may be at least part of the cause if what I've noticed is relivant..

I got to download a file, it says "connecting" for a long period of time, before eventually "need more sources", so I cancel the download realising it's one of "those" files that just won't download.. but then I checked my incomplete folder, and had loads of incomplete files from previously cancelled searches (that wouldn't connect) all 0 bytes in size.

So I'm wondering, if limewire downloads from the incomplete folder, is the reason that there are so many results for files that won't download because loads of people have tried to download the file, failed, but are still left with the 0 byte file in the "incomplete" folder, and after that's downloaded/created limewire runs out of sources?

And secondly, if that is true, could it not be that people who don't have p2p's best interests at heart are using this bug (if it is indeed a bug, I'm just guessing) to create results with hundreds of sources that will not download, thus helping to make the network so painful to find a true result people just won't bother?

maybe?