View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2002
Unregistered

Red face Same here on the latest version

Used to be that the options for each file would keep at least one kandidate

now with 0.6.1 i have to manually seach (and the files seem to be there) and then there is the bug that I need to add them one by one with 'Add download candidate' (selecting groups never worked) and each time it also switches screens (which is no problem on a machine as fast as mine - but it is inconvient anyway)

At any rate used to be that retries would count up to the hundrets ~ now all candidates are lost after the first try !

How come the new phex could be so sure that candidate will not answer sooner or later ?

I suggest (instead of just deleting the candidate references) to devise a system that rates the candidate and to retry the poor ones less and to search again automaticaly when faith in all candidates is lost (only poor options)
This way a system could use way less search bandwith and saty in lurk and retry mode even waiting till a candidate that had gone offline comes back the next day all without generating much extra search traffic !!! This would overall increase the efficiency of the Network !

Anyhow thanks for your time !