View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2006
Apprentice

um...help is flying high

1) My connection was perfect, always excellent, all bars are green. The problem is when i click on limewire icon, the limewire interface loads for 2 seconds and then it disappears and nothing happens.

2) I have completely removed my limewire, so \I don't if the test/link you gave me is necessary. Let me know if it is, I will reinstall limewire again.

3) I have windows xp sp2, 80GB free space, 512MB, I tried download the latest limewire, which is 4.12 and the Java is the 1.5 update 8 (I think the latest one). I have McAfee Firewall, and Anti-virus protection. Modem/router is from SBC DSL (HomePortal) I have the elite version of the DSL, fastest one they have. Not sure about the speed, he said something like 3-6. No sharing with other computers. Limewire has always worked, but suddenly it stopped. i had the latest updates for microsoft windowns maybe on Aug. 8/9 and the limewire stopped working a few days after that.

i have not made any changes, updated microsoft windows xp alerts, thats about it. What is p2p applications?

Thanks