View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2006
Novicius

Applefleas is flying high
Default Ive searched and Im not sure if this has been covered yet...

Hey there peoples! Long time (off and on) user of Limewire.

Just recently I reformatted my computer (read: 2 months ago) and I have all of my stuff in order so I decided to re-download Limewire (from download.com). For the firts few weeks it worked just as I had remembered, fast download, good search results, etc. But just last week, I had the weirdest bug come out from, seemingly, no where... After about 3-8 minutes of staying open and doing its thing, my computer screen would go black for a few seconds, then a blue screen with a LOT of technical information would pop up for maybe half a second, then my computer would restart.

I wasnt sure if it was Limewire or not but just to be sure that one of my.... ahem... "downloads" wasnt the reason I scanned them and they checked out. So I reopened thinking that it was just a one time thing. Well, sure enough, after 3-8 minutes of staying open it did the same thing again.

I turn off the computer and leave it off for the next few days and when i come back I leave Limewire off for an hour just to see whats up. I turn it on again and it does it again. I actually uninstall and reinstall Limewire 5 times... Same thing, except now when I turn it on, my whole computer gets a little funky. But when I turn it off before the 3-8 minutes... my ENTIRE computer returns to normal and actually runs better than I have seen it run since I formatted.

I uninstalled Limewire and am a little scared to download it again unless there is some sort of solution to the 3-8 minutes blue screen funk fest interval! T_T

Any help or suggestions are appreciated and sorry for the long story.