View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2002
Unregistered

Angry

While I appreciate LimeWire supporting OS X as well as the Mac platform, I can't buy into this line of thinking.

The current version of Limewire for OS X is major league INFERIOR to previous versions of Limewire and not even close to its PC brethern. If you don't believe me just try Kazaa on a PC. You get orders of magnitude more hits and virtually all of them work. If you want to compare gnutella clients to gnutella clients, try Grokster. I am running it on Virtual PC. It's ability to return great results compared to Limewire is without question. Again, if you don't believe me, try it. It is a slam dunk comparison.

I also can't buy into the line of logic that even though you get less hits they are more apt to be viable downloads. If you get no hits, it doesn't really matter about the quality. The quality of zero is still zero.

Secondly, if you do get lucky enough to get some search results, the ratio of good to bad does not seem to have improved to me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an axe to grind either way. I certainly enjoyed the convenience of using a Mac gnutella client while in the OS X environment, but I am not going to accept virtually non-existant search results when you can easily find the same stuff using another client.

Come on Limewire, eat your own dog food. If you do, you'll realize there is something wrong!