View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

First of all. I do download and share whatever I feel like, but...

I still buy music, rent movies, buy some programs and go to the cinema. I think that some of you have got this all wrong and are the main reason that the RIAA, MPAA and all other organisations are crashing down on P2P.

There is nothing wrong with buying a CD that you like most of the songs on. I know that the recordindustry get the most part if not all of the profits, but it will still help the artist get his/her next record deal.

If everybody had your view on things, do you really think the the movieindustry would continue spending millions of dollars on every movie. Or software companies would spend millions on developing new and (better ) sofware ? and games ?

Even though I am an active user of P2P and can pretty much get whatever I want I still spent about 6-700 $ on software and media the last year, and if you started doing the same thing there would be no need for those organisations

Also lets get into freeware. Most of the programs you download and use for free, you have the option to make a donation if you like the software. I saw a side article on one of those programs from the programmer which said, that he was seriosly thinking of getting a job instead of making freeware. In the 8 years that he had been making software for free distrubution and usage millions of people had downloaded his software. Especially this caught my attention. It had been downloaded over 700.000 times and he had got 370 $ in donations. No wonder he is thinking about getting a job, because the only thing keeping him afloat was that his wife worked a job that actually paid

Something to think about, isn't it ?

If I come across the article again I will post a link here so you can see for yourself how God damn cheap you really are

Last edited by Sleepless; August 21st, 2006 at 05:27 PM.