View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2006
Apprentice

gotafix is flying high

Thanx for reply Birdy...seems like you have been down this road b4 and had success helping others. I would be grateful if that was the case again.

History:
I am working on a PC with a T1 connection at my remote office. I utilize Cisco to connect to my server in corp but do not utilize this utility when accessing LW. I started by d/l'ng LW 4.12.4 and it worked right off the bat. Then about four days into it, the globe came up and would not connect when searching. I upgraded to version 6, then confirmed Gnutella ports using the customized number that was listed when walking through the process, confirmed access exception at Win Security Center - Firewall options. I am stuck...Maybe one of our jedi warrior administrators for the company (tech oriented co) messed it up and blocked it out all of a sudden?

How do I check what other firewalls are blocking LW currently? I run PC / Windows XP Pro / LW4.12.6 / Cisco Pix 506 E Firewall VPN / Verizon T1

I think I now have port forwarding and UpNP enabled...neither seem to be working.

Any clue?

gotafix