View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2006
Novicius

Dsypher is flying high
Default Question about TOR & Privoxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
There's always a chance your isp provider has applied some type of filter or blocked ports.

Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say ‘Test Page was a Success’. What happens when you go there?

And you tried deleting LW's preferences folder whilst LW was closed? Instructions: Fixes for Limewire
Hi,
I clicked on the link above and I got the message "Your test worked!". What does that mean? I downloaded the latest version of TOR and I setup Limewire to connect thru TOR but I get the following log message in TOR :

Quote:
Aug 24 10:52:23.531 [warn] fetch_from_buf_socks(): Your application (using socks4 on port 27500) is giving Tor only an IP address. Applications that do DNS resolves themselves may leak information. Consider using Socks4A (e.g. via privoxy or socat) instead.
So then I downloaded Privoxy and added the line,
forward-socks4a / localhost:9050 . to the main cofig file and in the Proxy configuration of Limewire I selected the HTTP proxy option and used 'localhost' as the proxy server and 8118 as the port but nothing happened!?!

Where am I going wrong??