View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2006
Dueño

limewireuserabuser is flying high
Lightbulb

Ok, thank you for the interest in this... Lord of the rings, I read your past topic on this, I was sure I wasn't going to invent gun powder all over again, so that proves me I am not alone in this quest. Let's then put some kind of virus check on limewire where it will not let you share a file if it contains a virus, or if the file size does not match the known file size for a given program, something like a general scanner, that would take care of the unsuspecting sharers out there. As for the users ho deliberately share these files, well..... a nice surprise visit at their home with a baseball bat would be nice, but let's be realistic.... that would hurt them badly.
I say Limewire should take into account these ideas, and maybe give them a try, release a beta with it and see what happens...
today I looked for a boot manager which weighs 7 megs, I couldn't even begin to explain how many times I had to mark as junk files of less size, until after 50 "get more results" I found ONE hwich was 7,107... beautiful, and thank you limewire, but that only shows me that these smaller files tend to butt in in front of the legit files, and just cram up the results leaving no room for the good ones. If junk or virus files get bigger, then it means your usual user out there wont want to have a 100mb file just sitting around being useless, and thus would most likely delete it, it would also be harder to spread because being so large, and maybe already tagged by bitzi, no one would get it, or they would make sure it was not a virus. Small files are usually downloaded without checking because they're quick to download and generally the person doesnt have too much of a clueas to what they're doing...
I have an idea, Bitzi was somehow founded and it's a great help....
but why not create a similar project where the file sizes of legit software are recorded much in the same way that these files get bitprints so as to have a record of an original file size, then, whenever a file gets recorded as a virus, or incomplete one could check in the same way we do bitzi. maybe even with a "file size discrepancy" alert to the user...
Well, I'm not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer , but I actually think that with the right people on it, this thing could work. if anything it would certainly make it harder for these crackhead losers to keep seeding junk to people.....
thank you for waisting 3 minutes of your lives reading this.....