View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2000
s9000

Question Best Gnutella source -- features / stability

I'm interested in working with some really good Windows based C++ Guntella source -- I'm looking for something that has addressed the major bugs and has added some features that the user-base is pleased with.

Over the last year or so I've built up a pretty robust set of Win32 custom UI controls (similar to what you get with Winamp, Sonique, and other skinnable / customizable apps). I'd like to apply these controls and create some new ones for Gnutella clients.

I took a look at some of the source that is available and noticed the Gnucleus source is free -- it might be a good starting point. What are your thoughs? Has anyone worked with the source code currently available -- which do you prefer? I'm looking for stability and features. I could care less about the interface because I am going to change it anyway.

I don't think I'm too interested in creating a full fledged client that is widely distributed and used. I just want to get involved and use my experience to possibly contribute a gnUI library that developers can use in their applications. I'd also like to make some performance visualization controls for the community as well.

Let me know what you think?