Thread: Pal or NTSC?
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Personally I use QuickTime Player to tell me if it's pal or ntsc. To say it doesn't make any difference is not 100% right. Preferably you should try to get what you use. ntsc is 29.9x (30 frames/sec) whereas pal is 25. Normal screen size is ntsc 720 x 480 whereas pal is 720 x 575 pixels. So if you use a different format, it means converting both the frame rate & picture definition. That may mean dropping frames or (mind-block) which basically means extra work for rendering. But then again, the files you downld from gnutella are generally around VCD size (very roughly half normal dimensions.) The quality of the burn depends on the quality of the file you have, & the ability & settings of the converter or burner softw you use to convert it. (btw ntsc & pal also have different colour points. But you don't need to worry about that.) I don't even know if it was worth me posting this. lol I must be tired!