View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2006
Novicius

PisceanSin is flying high
Angry Limewire Firewall/Connection Issues on Windows XP

When I lived in the college dorms, I used Limewire and had absolutely NO problems whatsoever-******D IT! However now that I'm living off-campus in an apartment complex, I can't connect, let alone get rid of that "brick wall blocking the globe". I've turned off the XP firewall, opened ports, turned off my McAfee firewall, did the whole "http://www3.limewire.com:6346/" thing (which worked successfully), and even attempted getting a static ip in order to port forward.

I ran into some trouble with the last few steps within obtaining a static ip, but.... really I'm not sure. All I know is I'm PISSED as hell that my ISP is calling the shots and infringing on my right to choose whether to illegally file-share or not. :P Seriously though, I can't switch ISPs because they have a contract with my apartment complex... plus it would be an overly-expensive ordeal for this poor college student.

If ANYONE has any suggestions on how to get rid of that blasted firewall symbol (and have the patience to assist with any other immediate problems) I would TRULY appreciate it.