View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2006
Straight G

Pointman is flying high
Cool Download @ 99% Slows to a Crawl & No Hosts Found

I have always used Bitzi It is a time saver & the only way I download anything off of LW .

But to say it is full proof just is not true(Much to My Dismay) I might add.
First off I picked a file as I always do, it was rated as Best Version,I then clicked on the Magnet link.
At first My D/L speed was fine 112 KB/s via 10 Host's.
But I noticed that when I approached the 90% complete mark things slowed down big time!
From then on I was hittin 25-30 KB/s untill I got to to the 95% complete mark at which point I noticed another drop in speed now I was pulling down 7-12 KB/s & when I hit the 98% complete mark things slowed down to a crawl
I was seeing 1-2 KB/s .

Finally when I reached the 99% complete mark I had to force a reconnection to 1 host over & over again & then it would only hit 0-1 KB/s.
But most of the time it said "Awaiting Host's" or "Busy Host's".
When I say Force I mean I would search & search & click on the resume tab over & over until I finally connected to a host even though there were 13 or more host's visible as available in the search results window & if I let it sit it would never connect! (like it didn't see the 13 Hosts/Ghosts)

So anyway I forced a reconnection through 1/2 of the 99th% which brought Me to 99.5% complete mark(educated guess) & now I can't even Force connect to that last host,so that I can slowly get that last 1/2% & complete this D/L as it should be!

I realize it is just the credits & oh sure I could just cancel the D/L & copy it out of the Incomplete Folder then paste it into My Library,rename it & use it for My own purpose's but I think in order for the program (LW) to retain semblance one is supposed to D/L the Complete File & "NOT RENAME IT" so that is what I am trying to do!

I am on XPproSPII / LW 4.12.3 pro($) / EventID 4226 Patcher Version 2.23d /
Java1.5.0 Build(1.5.0_06-b05) / Port Forwarding for Gnutella enabled on Belkin(F5D5231-4) / Clearwire 768K downlink, 256K uplink

Last edited by Pointman; August 27th, 2006 at 01:52 AM.