View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2006
Captain

Angry Pirate is flying high
Default Here's the answer.

Ok so as you know iMesh just bought BearShare. This means Bearshare Basic, Lite and PRO are soon going to be discontinued. Then if you want to download music you will have to get BearShare 6 which is basically iMesh with an orange paint job. The reason for this is that the RIAA sued BearShare but MPAA did not. So BearShare has just come up with BearFlix which is almost an exact copy of BearShare Lite because it has no bundled software. There is also a BearFlix PRO. The major difference between the BearShare and BearFlix is in BearFlix you can only download movies and images. I tested it myself I typed in famous artists and found no results that were audio format i.e. mp3 wma etc. I even searched music and only found music videos. This is BearShare's way of keeping their old program for all other search categories because the new BearShare 6 can only search for music. So within a few months you will need BearShare 6 for music and BearFlix for everything else. Or you could just swith to a different P2P.