View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2006
Novicius

noideawhatisgoingon is flying high

for the setup i just had evering as the recomended or default, i didn't change anything.

1. What's your connection like - do you have any green bars at all?

yes full

Is there a brick wall in front of world ?

no

2. Do this test & see if it works. What does it say ?
http://www3.limewire.com:6346

it said test worked

3. What are your details

OS ? (Win XP, Mac OSX etc.) win xp
How much free harddiskspace ? over 10 gigs
How much RAM ? 512 (don't know how to check how much is left with other programs running, or if you can even do that)
LW & Java version ? (In Limewire press Help>about LW & you'll see) LW 4.12.6 java 1.5.0_06
What Firewall you're using ? just the windows because it hasn't messed anything up yet and i haven't bothered to get another one
Any Antivirus/spyware programs that youre using ? mcafee and spy-bot both latest versions
Modem/router brand & model ? motorola surfboard sb5101 i think
Are you using portforwarding, UPnP or nothing ? (Tools>Options>Advanced>Firewall Config) UPnP
What is your listening port ? (Same as above) 9585
ISP (Internet Service Provider) ? shaw digital cable i'm in british columbia in canada
Connection type (Dial-Up, ADSL, DSL etc.) + Speed Up/Down if you know ? cable
Where you connect from (home, school etc.) ? home
Are you sharing a connection with other computers ? no
Has Limewire ever worked for you ? If so how long have you been using it ? i've never used had it but it seems better so thought i'd try it

Have you tried using any other P2P apps & if so, do you have the same problems (BitTorrent, Shareaza etc.)?

i've only downloaded azureus and it works just fine. nothing else is acting up

Give a detailed description of your problem. Also include any attempts to fix this. It helps people rule things out. i edited my message a bit but i have no idea how to possible fix this

Also if possible with your problem also post a bugreport (kinda doubt you can get there but try)

it's in tools>options>bugreport>example bugreport use ctrl+a to highlight ctrl+c to copy and then paste it in a reply

can't use the keyboard to get to the bug-report