View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2006
Apprentice

stephanie_71982 is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisceanSin
When I lived in the college dorms, I used Limewire and had absolutely NO problems whatsoever-******D IT! However now that I'm living off-campus in an apartment complex, I can't connect, let alone get rid of that "brick wall blocking the globe". I've turned off the XP firewall, opened ports, turned off my McAfee firewall, did the whole "http://www3.limewire.com:6346/" thing (which worked successfully), and even attempted getting a static ip in order to port forward.

I ran into some trouble with the last few steps within obtaining a static ip, but.... really I'm not sure. All I know is I'm PISSED as hell that my ISP is calling the shots and infringing on my right to choose whether to illegally file-share or not. :P Seriously though, I can't switch ISPs because they have a contract with my apartment complex... plus it would be an overly-expensive ordeal for this poor college student.

If ANYONE has any suggestions on how to get rid of that blasted firewall symbol (and have the patience to assist with any other immediate problems) I would TRULY appreciate it.
hey i am also having trouble with the fire wall issue.you sound like you have a bit more knowldege than me..can you help me..i would like to know if you have dial up or dsl..i have dial up and two fire walls any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks my name is stephanie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless
You need a static IP

You choose your static IP according to which router you use

Usually the IP's that you have the choice of using are almost the same IP as the router only the last number between 101 and 199. Many routers show what IP's you can use in their settings somewhere.

E.g. If your routers gateway IP is 192.168.2.1 your static IP should be a number between 192.168.2.101 and 192.168.2.199

Just to be safe make a note of your current settings before changing anything, because if you do this wrong then your internet won't work
hello i am having issues with my fire wall..i have two fire walls and really need some help..your help will be greatly appreciated..

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; August 30th, 2006 at 12:11 AM.