View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2002
Enthusiast

hermaf is flying high

Calm down a little bit ... I mean I do that for 3 days that's it. By the way you know how many clients of the network you reach with the searches? Not as many as yo expect

Do you have a better idea how to check out the client information? At last I have some very interesting results about network size and structure from it and as it looks like Qtella would also scale if no TTL limit would be used. Is that research enough? Shure I do generate load on the network you are right but how would you like to improve the network concept without any fundamental research and theory on the network itsself?

Just to make it clear, I do not do that for fun and for months. I started it last week and next week the messurements are done. AND the client isn't always running as well ...

Quote:
How can you call it representative, if you used Queries that modern clients do not respond to purposedly ("exe", "mp3", "gif", "avi"). Hence your low turnout for some popular clients, such as BearShare.
Seams all clients that I know respond to these queries. But you got a good point I kicked them out. I added "live", "metal", "soundtrack" and "sex" to the queries. Some more suggestions?

Interestingly they should block a three letter search for "exe" but they find "sex"

Last edited by hermaf; January 15th, 2002 at 01:32 PM.