View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2002
Gnutella Veteran

John Blackbelt Jones is flying high

Remote queueing definitely is the best thing to implement right now, since this could give you an idea how long you'd have to wait for popular files (mainly divx-movies).

The LimeWire-mp3-player is not exactly what I would call useful (it does not reach the quality for winamp or xmms, somehow I've always got some 'blips' more than with those two). And I'd rather want to choose the mediaplayers to use myself and save them in some config-file or so....

BTW. will LimeWire implement the HUGE-Proposal? And when will it do so? When you could search for a hash automated researching could be implemented easily, could it not?

PS: I like v2.1.1 a lot. How about a LAN-Version of LimeWire with the ability to block all IPs except for just a subnet or two? We have something like a traffic limit for outside traffic, so you wouldn't have to configure the firewall to connect to a local gnutella network and some clients, which allow outside traffic could as well be connect to the local and the global gnutella network. - It'd make things easier for people running gnutella in some companies (which they certainly shouldn't - but anyway, nobody cares if not too much outside traffic is generated) or campus networks (at least here in Germany).

I think it could work, if you'd allow wild chars (* or so) in the limewire.props file for the Blacklisted-IPs-option, although it would be even easier if you'd add an IPs-allow-option, where you could enter all IPs to be allowed. But that's just my personal wishlist (and I have to admit I am to lazy to do those changes to the LW - Source myself)

Anyway you're doing a great job! Keep on doing what you're doing.