View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2002
Apprentice

DubStar is flying high
Default Re: block dead clients

Quote:
Originally posted by gnutellafan
I have been an advocate for some time of the idea of blocking clients that are no longer in development. Xolox falls into this catagory and should be blocked. Some users will not take the time to look around for other better clients and Im sure this dead client will be around to haunt the network for some time. Irregarless of its behaviour now, the client cannot grow and change with the network and is therefor a dead weight dragging it down. I wish the programmers would release the source code so that the program could continue to live but....

Ohh, well. KILL IT!
The reason why so many people have voted for Xolox (and are using it) is because it actually WORKS. I have been systematically going through Gnutella clients trying to find something decent to use and NONE of the up-to-date clients can match the results of Xolox.

If you are going to block Xolox then perhaps you should also block all of the people using older versions of Limewire and Bearshare (since everybody knows the new versions are complete sh!te). Hell, lets go one step further and completely kill the network by blocking anyone that isn't using THEE latest client implementing THEE latest non-working features!

Whatever...

Anyone who implements blocking of specific clients should perhaps think about starting their own bloody network.