View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2006
Novicius

scutter is flying high
Angry Please help if you can. Downloads SO SLOW on New version!

Hi everyone.

I am new at posting to the forum so I hope that I do this right. Dont flame me too bad purty please.

I bought the newest version of pro tonight. After getting set up, I have been having problems with download speeds being 0 - 2KB. I actually was having problems on the prior version too.

I dont have a connection issue as I am connecting fine and usually it fluctuates between turbo and good. It's the download speed I am having issue with.

I have spent the last 5 hours reading through countless forum threads and have tried every fix in the book that I came across. Still no luck.

What else can I do that I haven't tried????????

I have NOT called my isp yet but will do that as soon as they open either monday or tuesday to check on the P2P limit, if any.

Here is some info that might help:

winXP
limewire 4.12.6 pro
java is 1.5.0_06 (just downloaded it tonight)
isp is: vista3media
motorola SURFboard cable modem SB5101
cable connection
zone alarm firewall

On the firewall, I am not having any issues on that, that I can tell. i dont get the brick wall.

oh my speeds are as follows:
download: 3072kbps
upload: 222kbps

I tried changing the settings and used both t1 and cable and adjusted the percentages numerous different ways, all with the same effect. slow downloads.

I am just about at my wits end and wondering if I was wrong for spending the bucks for the new version.

When I was with bellsouth, I didnt have these problems.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by scutter; September 4th, 2006 at 12:56 AM.