View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2006
Apprentice

rockboy2001 is flying high
Default recently started getting lots of "need more sources" results

Hi,
Y’all make this all sound easy and I ‘m sure it is.
I have been using Limewire successfully for a year or so and understand the basics.
I am running windows 2000 with a moderately fast machine from my home. I have just switched from dialup to DSL broadband, my machine says it is connected at 100 Mbps.
I have version LW 4.12.6, I just ran the fix update a few days before switching to DSL
I am getting some really good download speeds compared to the past up to 50 Kbps (was 5 at best)
My problem is that I am getting tons of “need more sources” messages. I guess a ratio of 1 successful to every 15 tries, no rime or reason some times it has been 5 out of 5 successes then bunches of “N.M.S” messages.
I am only selecting 4 star listings and usually cable/DSL and above.
I get the messages even if I select a download while Limewire is still searching.
Most files I try are of old or obscure music.

I have been reading lots of the posts on this issue, the N.M.S. are coming from single and multiple source results. I almost always search by artist and select files that appear to be normal sized for MP3 music files. I only try MP3 files.
I think my firewall is OK, I did the test and see that my IP is (70.246………. . not sure that I should post it here) I have very old music shared and not many hits but I see that on one there is 1 hit and 1 download after switch to DSL.

Am I missing something here?
????????????????? Sorry to be a dope but I need help to get going in the right direction. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, rockboy2001