View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2002
Phex Developer

GregorK is flying high

OK guys...

there might be a bug in it that I don't know. But every remove of a download candidate is clearly logged in the little log screen. If you see any removel that you think is not right please post me the screen.

But you can be sure that no host is removed if he returns a host busy signal 503.
Host will be removed if they return 404 or 410 which means the file is not shared ( anymore ).
Also host will be removed if they can't be reached with a connection try and a PUSH. That is because we don't know if the host is firewalled. If we would keep him in the list there is a very big chance you will never reach him.
There are also some other severe errors where we drop the host since Phex is not understand the host very well. ;-)

Ok there can be some optimizations done here or there. But the thing is we have to rewrite the whole download engine for swarming anyway. So I suggest if you find problems send me the log so we can fix them quickly or just stick with the bugs or the not so very good rating of download candidates and we talk about it again after we released swarming.

Gregor