View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2006
Novicius

alywhatevergrl is flying high
Default Help! No connection. Firewall???

Since I moved into school I've noticed that Limewire isn't connecting and the little globe has a brick wall in front of it but my windows firewall isn't blocking the program. Java also isn't being blocked. I recently downloaded Frostwire and it isn't being blocked. So I'm guessing something is blocking Limewire but I can't figure out what. I also have Norton Antivirus and it isn't blocking limewire either and the worm protection is excluding it. I can't figure out how to connect again. I also did the things that are in the sticky post.

1. OS version? Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? Windows Firewall is the only one I'm sure I have
3. How much ram? 512MB
4. Hard Disk space available?15.9GB
5. Connection type? cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?.......
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? school
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. 4.9.11 PRO java:1.5.0_06
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? MSN internet explorer
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Cannot find server.
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? I guess so since it's at school...using a splitter to connect both computers in the dorm room.

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface? In Limewire but not in Frostwire.