Thread: Moving Overseas
View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2006
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Mickjapa108

Bulldog had recently announced that it was not taking on anymore domestic customers while it was in negotiations to sell itself, now Bulldog is owned by Pipex and is signing up new customers again.

Here is the announcement:
Quote:
Pipex Communications plc:
Acquisition of Bulldog’s broadband customer base

Pipex Communications plc (PXC), (“Pipex”) a major provider of integrated telecommunications and internet solutions including broadband, voice, domain name registrations and hosting, announces the acquisition from Cable & Wireless of Bulldog’s residential and small business broadband customer base, website (www.bulldogbroadband.com), rights to the Bulldog brand and domain names, for a consideration of £12m in cash.
Also, use the following URL and enter your post code in the required field, this will tell you if your area is covered by the Bulldog network.

https://secure.bulldogbroadband.com/...archtype=telno

Now the question, am I happy with Bulldog? Well, they are cheap and they do not curb P2P traffic, however this might change under Pipex, but for now they are OK. There is plenty of room for improvement, for example, they were late in getting me switched over from BT to their network (leaving me without phone or internet connection for 2 – 3 weeks) and there was a fault which stopped friends and relatives calling me when the switch over was completed. Nevertheless, I understand that these faults were down to dirty tricks by BT engineers, i.e. deliberately creating faults so that Bulldog would be blamed for them.

I still have one or two issues to be sorted out but nothing that would make me start looking for another ISP at the moment.

Anyway, good luck in choosing your new ISP.

UK Bob