View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2006
Apprentice

AntR is flying high
Default Arrgh!!! Slow Downloads Driving Me Crazy - PLEASE HELP!

Righto,

This is my second thread on this - I received some good advice in the first but that doesn't seem to have resolved the issue - that advice by the way was checking Port Forwarding which I did and apparently my Router Modem already has the UPnP allowed by default.

The issue is that I'm only getting 1-3KB/s downloads with LW 4.12 Pro whereas previously with LW 4.10 Pro and a Wireless Modem/Router is was getting 20-80KB/s.

Anyways, so I checked the help topics and they advise starting a thread and giving a bunch of info. So here it is and apologies in advance for the length as I don't want to miss anything and I'm a bit thick when it comes to PC type stuff (read on and you'll see what I mean) - this is a very frustrating problem!!:

Quote:
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
Windows XP

Quote:
2. What firewalls you have?
Zone Alarm

Quote:
3. How much ram?

Quote:
4. Hard Disk space available?
C: 12.4GB and D:38GB

Quote:
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
Broadband / DSL

Quote:
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
Speed T_ouch 546

Quote:
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
Home

Quote:
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
LW = 4.12 Pro and Java 1.5.0_06

Quote:
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)?
Errm, not sure to be honest?

Quote:
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
'Your test worked!'

Quote:
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
Nope.

Quote:
12. Is this a your 1st try at FW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
Well I'm not what you'd call an experienced user as I'm a bit thick when it comes to PC's and stuff as i said earlier - But I've previously had/run LW with no probs

Quote:
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface?
Yes

Other info...

My Speed Test gives a consistent 850kbps and I tried downloading a "magnet link" from www.magnetmix.com/video.shtml and it was the same effect - 1-3KB/s