View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2006
Novicius

manbay is flying high

Sorry but i have same probleme as hernandez
My computer setting
OS version? (eg: Windows 98) window Xp
2. What firewalls you have? i am running mcafee personnal firewall plus , normally suppose to grant full access to lime wire , but i still have the wall in front of the globe , is it possible that my jensen scandinavia is a firewall integrated
3. How much ram? ??? not sure how to find this
4. Hard Disk space available? 46 Gb
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) cable modem
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
jensen scandinavia WF514-031
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
9. Who is your isp provider (Internet Service Provider)? UPC norwegian cable companie

10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. NO
11. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. NEW PROBLEME since i use mc afee firewall
12. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? test worked
13. Try and download a magnet file from here and see what speed you get for it, then post the result as well:http://www.magnetmix.com/video.shtml

to describe quickly my probleme :
I install last week mcafee personnal firewall , disable window firewall, since then the connection is unstable , i can't download more than one file at a time usually not faster than 15 Kbs the other files just don't connect .....
just befor i install mcafee i did not have any protection for a week and then lime wire was really fast .
On Mcaffe lime wire has full access on internet application , and i also add lime wire in the trusted ip adress but no changes the wall is still on front of the globe .....

can annyone help me boost my connection again ?