View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2006
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Prefetch

Asyn

I am not sure that you are strictly correct about the PREFETCH folder, I have just checked it on my work computer and it contains names of applications, including windows O/S apps, DLLs and normal software, I have used. Therefore, I don't think this info really constitutes as a "log" because it does not contain details of what I did with those applications.

Plus, I have discussed this with an IT colleague and he believes that Prefetch helps to get applications you have used, such as Windows Explorer, to open faster the second time around during the course of a work session. This makes sense to me because many times I have opened and closed programs like WORD, Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, etc. and have noticed that they are slow to open the first time but open quite quickly the second and subsequent times when I needed to reopen them.

You will see by my (crude) attachment that Prefetch only contains basic application data.

If, however, you have any info which may contradict my initial findings then please let the forum know about it.

UK Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Can the network see what i am downloading?-prefetch02.jpg