View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2000
KillFlatplanet

Post Call to action: Help Kill Flatplanet

As you may know there is a site at flatplanet.net which sells a software they call ShareZilla. The only purpose of ShareZilla is to spam gnutella by providing bogus hits to search querys. This is Repulsive with a capital R.

I thought it would be interesting to conduct a "Stress Test" (wink wink nod nod) on flatplanet.net's web server. I have started this process myself but I am rounding up volunteers to help. Here is what you need:

access to a windows computer (NOT yours) with a fast connection. Back Orifice victims, computer labs, library computers, work well for this... you will need to upload a 100K program (exe only no install required) and a 1K batch file to this computer, and run the batch file. Note, ALL of the running of the program and batch file, take place on the remote computer, not on your computer, you do NOT (and should not) run the files on your own computer, otherwise your ISP may not like you.

The program will help with the Stress Test by repeatedly requesting all the files from flatplanet.net over and over and over. It will put a lot of stress on their web server which should help them out with judging how capable their web server is!! =]

If you are interested please email killflatplanet@yahoo.com. I will reply, with more detailed instructions, and a location where you can download the files.

support a better gnutella, KILL FLATPLANET