View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

rich31365 is flying high
Default Connection Lost or firewall is blocking connection error

Hi

I have Limewire Pro the latest version and the latest Java SW, my PC runs XP home with a 250GB hard drive that I download to (Freecom) connected via USB. I am in UK so my ISP is NTL broadband via the set top box for the TV, I have 1GB of RAM and a Pentium 4 processor.

I start Limewire and it all comes up ok connecting etc, then I get turbo charged connection I search for downloads I want and start them they all chug along nicely. I then go and check the PC after an hour or so and I get an error message from Limewire 'Connection Lost or firewall is blocking connection' The globe icon is clear no walls in front of it, my conenction to NTL says connected. My Nortons Internet security package's firewall has been set to 'permit all' for Limewire and the XP firewall is off as Nortons switches it off upon install of their SW - yet I keep getting this error i am becoming increasingly dejected as I had Limewire before and it was great no problems at all. I have printed a load of stuff off from the forums which I intend to look at but I still think that this will not cure the problem and am disappointed TBH Please can someone help me

Regards

Rich31365