View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2006
Novicius

cquinn5 is flying high

I had "ultrapeer" turned off. Just now turned off "OOB searching" and "tunes", reconnected and the same problem occurs. "a network cable unplugged", then it comes back with "network cable now connected", most times but not always it then does a refresh of the IP address.
I have one item in the download queue, am doing a search (whats new) and have an active Internet connection.
I tried "port forwarding" and it did not seem to make any difference.
My system is as follows:

1. OS version? (Eg: Windows 98) "Windows Media Center"
2. What firewalls you have? "Computer Associates EZ Trust"(Zone Alarm)
3. How much ram? "2 meg"
4. Hard Disk space available? "216.47 gig"
5. Connection type? (Eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) "cable, Road Runner Lite"
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? "router= Belkin F5D5230-4" "modem=Terayen TJ715X"
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? "home"
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. "Limewire 4.12.6 Pro, Java 1.50_08"
9. Who is your ISP provider? ( AOL/MSN/Comcast/Tiscal)"Brighthouse, Road Runner"
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. "no"
11. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? it says "your test worked"
Any help would be appreciated.
Cliff