View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2006
Apprentice

israfil334 is flying high
Default Initial Entry to Gnutella

Ok, I'm sure the pro-gnutella-devs are probably getting irritated by this question, but heres a problem I'm having.
Working on a Open Source VB.NET Gnutella Framework, building a freeware Pocket PC application to bring Gnutella to Pocket PCs. "YAY!" Pocket G2 isn't freeware...

ok so anyways, heres my problem
I know how to get a list of servents from GHostCaches, but out of like, 200 servents that I collect only 2-3 of them turn out to be UltraPeers which totally sucks *** because the collection process took long enough...
Now heres what I'm wondering, how the hell does LimeWire connect so freakin fast. What am I doing wrong here?
(1) Can someone please tell me how to connect to the network faster and if its by using some sorta hostcache mechanism please do provide some reliable hosts that I can use.
(2) How do I get my client (current unnamed) to use UHCs, like how does the whole thing work, who do I connect to?, what do I send?
list of reliable UHCs? pretty please?

Anyways, after the release of my project, I'll be launching a website for it and a GHostCache too, and another one customized for my open source framework that people can use. My customized hostcache will list only availble working, properly functioning ultra peers

helphelphelphelphelphelphelp puhleez!