View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2006
Novicius

jeffreylee is flying high
Default Thanks, I Think

Thanks, Lord. BTW, I didn't mean anything about Apple - it was just a desperate stupid joke...

As for HD space, I have 31 GB available on my iBook, and my 768 MB RAM used to be adequate - do I need more? My music, btw, all lives on an external LaCie 500GB HD. I have a lot: 42,000 songs = 300 GB. And I notice that all of it shows up in the LW Library under Shared Files - does that slow anything down?

I just upgraded to 4.12.6 at your advice. I tried a Search. Things went well for about 2 minutes. The Search window was scrolling at normal speed, I selected 2 or 3 tunes to D/L, the downloads started, no problem. Then things started to slow down. When I slected a 3rd title to D/L, I had about a 5 second delay before the file name highlited, another hang before the D/L began. It got worse from there, and a minute later everything froze. Couldn't scroll the Search window, couldn't select anything. So I left it like that to come and write to you. Any suggestions?

BTW, I don't really understand all of the Prefs/Options so I just sort of winged it. Is there an optimal array of Prefs settings to maximize performance? I'm happy to share with other users, of course.

Thanks again for the help. Jeff