View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2006
Novicius

Hoggy is flying high
Default Limewire - Norton worm protection query

I have currently have 2005 Norton SystemWorks Premier installed and have recently downloaded the latest version of Limewire Pro, when I open Limewire, Norton comes up with "Norton Internet worm protection has detected a remote system that is attempting to access your computer" Permit or block. Note, this has never happened before in the 2/3 years I have had Limewire

First of all, I have set up Norton worm to accept limewire but it still comes up with this message. If I click permit it comes up again and again at least 16 times until it stops, each port address is different. If I close Limewire completely this note still pops up.

I also have Ad-Aware, NoAdware, Xoftspy and Windows defender installed. I have run each of these and also Norton to get rid of any potential worms but when connecting to Limewire this message still keeps on coming.

As a test, I closed the worm protection on Norton and opened Limewire to see what happens and hooray, no pop up's, so I assume it's a Norton issue.

Finally, on a different subject and possibly connected, when I'm using Google to search for something, when I click on a website it doesn't always connect to that site first time, it connects to a different site on a couple of occasions, anybody else ever had this.

If anybody can offer any solutions to my problems I would be very grateful.

Regards

Hoggy