Thread: In a Gnut shell
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2001
Disciple

Lancelot is flying high
Exclamation

Hi there!

You will get results, if you have got enough "okay"-Connections. If there is none or only one, your search will probably be negativ.

Your search even doesnŽt take 30 min. Your search has a TTL (TimeToLive)which expresses the number of computer your search will go over during the search. A slow search to a computer far away (over many other computer before) may take up to 2 min but not more.

The problem by now I think is that it takes to long untill you have got stable connection to other computer. Just wait a 5 or 10 min (e.g. while you are surfing) and search then. I have made good experience by "reseting connections" before I enter a new search. But everytime you have to remember to have at least 3 connections. After waiting the 5 to 10 mins you havenŽt to wait so long if you reset the connection. Then it is fast in connecting with new computers.

To Liz: If your speed while downloading drops down to "stopped": Just cancel the download by right-click and after that resume it with right-click. You have to do this fast because otherwise it is very likely, that a other user takes your place to that computer you were downloading and you will get the message "server busy". You can be very fast by using the hotkeys...

Try it... If there are any problems => let me know and iŽll try to help you...