View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2006
Novicius

devil.of.firewalls is flying high
Angry What the Hell?!

Hi Everyone,

Quote:
Life Is Just!
I Don't Believe this! 8 pages of forum thread with people reporting being scammed of amounts between $10-80!
Most rich people probably think,
Quote:
Oh What the hell, I little donation to a convicing evil b******. I'm just assisting in the scamming of thousands of people. Oh RIGHT, thats what I did to get rich! Lucky ME!
I'm Talking to you Mr.Developer. (Move millions of people in 400m2 houses and expect them to raise a family)

We all go through school (hopefully) or go to a fair, we get scammed in real life.

Quote:
Gimme 50 bucks and I'll get U first place in line.
Quote:
Oh WOW!, Thanks Mate! (Hands over 50 Bucks)
Man walks off. Payee stares at own stupidity
There is definetely someone/group that is running a major operation.
All of these scam websites seem to say the same thing, Have the same logos, banners , offers.

Another case example. Man goes to party, everybodys talking about the latest album, Ta Dah, Panic at the Disco, Van Morrison Greatest Hits. Eventually someone brings up LimeWire. Man asks where to get it. He just says get it from Google. Goes home, Drunk and Tired. Man decides to quickly download it. Goes into their FIREFOX BROWSER (GO) and enters LimeWire.

Guess Wat is the First Search Result. In Highlighted blue and labeled as Major Sponsored Ad. Iiiiiiiits.... Download Limewire 2007TM LimeWire.Download-It-Free.com.

It's probably the best way to get a Tired 40-year-old man to download a program.

Especially if he has a credit card

Another way the scammers get their way is to pay google lotsa moneys.

A normal person is bombarded by 6 Highlighted Sponsored Ads.
Guess What, they are all owned by the same person. They may have a different front page, different url, but the setup page is the same text, same offers. The only different thing is the banner, with the name of the website.

Not many people have a care to detail on the internet.

Now, heres a sick case.

http://free-limewire.hospitalityzone.ca/..

Not many people look at that. Probably 99% of this forum looks at that and says OMG AD!!!! SUE THE B******S

But the other 70% of the world, who has just picked up a $40 computer from the local petrol store, walks into the internet, without a leash.

Everyone I do any computer work for, any amatuer, i run through the basics of the internet.

To Conclude,

devil.of.firewalls

P.S: A Question, Mentioned before by Lord of the Rings (I THINK) that there is no difference between LimeWire and LimeWire Pro. There'd have to be, but someone, some source-coder, please tell us if there is!