View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2006
Apprentice

andy3624 is flying high
Default Problems on installation - help needed

I have searched through an awful lot of threads and can't find a problem like mine, so I am asking for any advice.

I have downloaded the Limewire installer, i try to install it, and everything is fine to a point. I have gone through everything, it is on my desktop and all seems fine, i click on it and it comes up with the language select etc, i go through all of this and get to the scanning the hardisk part. It starts scanning and then the box disappears, no error message, it just disappears - and if i try clicking on the limewire on my desktop it takes me back to the language select part and again when i get to the scanning hardisk it just disappears.

Now, I have got rid of and reinstalled the J2SE(TM) Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9 offline version, as well as the Limewire offline install version - and retried the process, but the same happens everytime.

Help would be greatly appreciated - and I am using Windows XP and have plenty of GBs of memory and a decent RAM, so I cannot see that as a problem.

Many thanks,
andy3624