Thread: My Music Inc
View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2006
Novicius

Irate is flying high
Default My Music Inc

I am certain that My Music Inc has been discussed somewhere on this forum; I saw it a few days ago in a Google search. Well, here it is, again. My apologies if this annoys you.

I belong to BMG Classical Music club, but I don't like buying from them because they charge $10 for every disk they ship. So, last week I looked for an alternative. I ran across a website that highly recommended 3 music websites; the first on the list was for My Music Inc. So, I went there. It looked promising, so I joined, forking over $49.90, which was collected by ClickBank from my PayPal account. For some reason, the My Music Website absolutely refused to acknowledge my credit card, almost as though the code for submission were partly-disabled.

When I entered the membership area, I was directed to download MP3 Rocket, then directed how to use MP3 Rocket. The software works nicely. It doesn't bother me that it is shareware, or that My Music Inc is using someone else's application. What bothers me is that My Music Inc does not control any of the music. As best as I can tell, MP3 Rocket simply accesses Limewire's peer file-sharing network.

So, on October 12, I used a link I found on Ripoff Report to request a refund from My Music Inc. My request was acknowledged with a message that it would be processed in 2 to 3 days (apparently, either accepted or rejected). I have not heard anything from My Music Inc since October 14, when they finally stopped sending me the generic spam message: "Thank you for visiting my music inc"

Today, I sent them a final message, saying that either they refund me by the end of today, or I will take further action against them and everyone associated with them. Then, I contacted ClickBank and posted on their user forum (which is not associated with ClickBank, even though the head guy of ClickBank is a moderator of the forum). I also submitted a dispute form with PayPal. I have several other things I intend to do. One way or another, I am going to get $49.90 worth of entertainment out of My Music Inc.