View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2006
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

There is a limit to the number of characters the search mechanism on Gnutella (The network Limewire connects you to) will take. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think that is what is giving you the "to specific" message.

Also it is not, I find, a good idea to fill in more than one search box as filling in two always gives me a lot of irrelevant material. Genre I tend not to use as so many files are labled incorrectly in that department, or people make up their own Genres which are not recognized by Gnutella.

Further, a search for an artist of a certain name will often give you songs with part of that name in the title.... and so on...

Your solution is to find a way round it to best suit you. Others are sure to advise using different search methods, but experiment a bit, and find out what best works for you. It takes some getting used to, and its shortfalls are due, I think, largely due to the way the Network is structured.

I tend to look for commercially unreleased material and will search for date, location, different titles, etc of the event, which I have to research with Google. It gives me results in the end.

I hope this helps a bit