View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2002
NightShift

Angry Please stop making mountains out of mole hills.

I don’t understand what the big deal is about firewalls and people running in fear of someone getting on their computer. Please, you people probably don’t have anything, a person skilled enough to put a backdoor in a program, would want anyways. I’m tired of everyone wining and complaining about spy-ware and backdoors, it’s just pathetic. Most of you (not all) don’t have anything important to waste time with trying to hack, make a backdoor, or Trojan attack you. If you have had any of this stuff done to you it was probably just blind luck.
Well what I’m trying to say is be careful, but stop flipping out, just because you get pinged a few times or you find a stray Trojan on you computer. They usually don’t mean much of anything, clean it up and move on.
As an example, let’s make a house out of lead so the sun’s radiation won’t burn us when a standard construction will do just fine.
I don’t mean to be impolite or supercritical but everywhere I go people are always complaining about getting a firewall or a program has spy-ware or backdoors or some such nonsense. I’m just blowing off some steam about these scared little children. Let’s not blow everything out of proportion and calm down.