View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2006
Disciple

Dig It is flying high

OK, here's one for you. minus all the rhetoric & Tech vs. blah blah variables.
OK, Thai just saved us 10 posts back and forth. These are GOOD averages pinging LW & PC Pit stop @ 1 and 1.5 'bytes'/ms round trip respectively. I also tested my download speed @ PC Pit stop with a good average download speed: 4519 kilobits per second or 3354 kilobytes downloaded in 5.938 seconds
OK, now. I don't know if this is what everybody else is talking about when they say that LW is slow for them and bare in mind that I have gone over many of the "optimizing" suggestions from around the site including virus considerations. In comparing then and now with time and that little virus that has been going around LW in between being the only variables that "I" can think of.
I can search fine and my LW bandwidth meter connects to turbo OK with 5 ultra peers. This is where it all derails: Ultra peers tend to be unstable (holding on to them);4 star search items of 100mb with up to say 80-90 hosts @T3 or better either just hang on 'connecting....' or 'waiting count down...' only to crap out with that silly 'awaiting sources' come back. Now I know that LW would like to explain this away as the cute little eccentricities of p2p networking but that's crap. As soon as 3 weeks ago I would only have to pick one of those out of the multitudes and I would have it downloaded in no time @ 6-10 KB/s, /host. On average. Of course some times I would just blow that away and have 10-12 of those done in an hour, easy. Now, I know your wondering....? I'll search and find whatever I want with nice prime results. Lets say, 10 files; @50megs; with 100 sources 'each'; with 4 Star T3 connections, yadda yadda. I may get one of those in one day. That's as apposed before with 20 times the data or more in one hour.
Now from what I've seen around the site, it's hard to pick out what each person is calling slow but it appears that a lack of search results is congruent with their speed issuse. Mine is not. I have taken the time and had a look from thread to thread as well as looking elswhere prior to posting this issue with no luck. I know that somebody is going to say, 'did you remember to put the on switch to the off possition?' and I will feel shame. Right now shame is a small price.