View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2006
Disciple

Dig It is flying high
Default Check,...check,check aaaaaand.....Check. I'm thinking outside the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
Forgive me if I've misunderstood your post here, but it sounds like you're the victim of the fake files that are flooding the network (you don't mention fake files, so I don't know if you're aware of this problem).
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy

The search item may have 4 stars, it may have heaps of hosts (Danger, Will Robinson!!!!) but if it hangs on connecting then needs more sources, counts down, doesn't find them...sounds like fakes to me. And being able to download a file one week successfully, then being unable to download a file the next week is typical of this problem. As time goes by, the network is flooded with more of this crap. The golden rule these days is to stay away from the files with lots & lots of hosts. The links that 6_pac left have good info & tips to help.

Ok, I feel moderately better. You see, I've been trying to reply here for 2 f#$%^&ing days but in both cases for some f#$%^&ed up reason here the text field resets and I loose everything. I'm the type that really needs a spell checker as I dislike typing almost as much as being forced to use an MS based system. Tell me MAC users...it really is better on that side isn't it?
I guess what I didn't get across was that prior to broaching this here I opted to use my eyes and not my mouth as a first reaction to my woes. That said I know why I got cookie cutter responses. Again due to curiosity and guile exceeding my actual knowledge, and then of course self imposed frustration, ahhhh, I digress... What about JAVA issues? Virtual Memory? System Cache? Potential Memory leak within the LW App.? No one ever touches on elements outside of LW. Another thing, ever since I re installed LW (Like 6 times now) it can take the installation but it can't hold on to the installation. Getting "Limewire is having an internal Problem" and then hangs. When I restart the app. I have to go over some all of my pre sets. This sucks. And are there really so few so called "ULTRAPEERS" Out there? that I can't maintain 5 or 4 or even 3???!!!