View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2006
Valued Member contributor

newbee2 is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Apres Router-changing Browsing

After installing router I mentioned not being able to browse, see above for problem fix, it has left me unable to browse myself thru 'direct connect' Then I came across my own address in a search yesterday,but find I cant browse my address, does this mean that no one else can either? I was priding myself on having some good uncommon files, or not so popular ones,but now realise if I cant be browsed,like a lot of others it seems, this must limit the choices and the network?? and what is the point of having a good collection if it cant be seen ??? I realise (Or do I ) that if someone is looking for a particular file and 'Searches' for it, will it show in searches even tho you can't be browsed.(

presumably all files available are logged somewhere)oops,excuse bad typing,does this 'browsing' matter? Remain puzzled on this one,especially as before router everything working.Again short of knowledge not of questions !! So if I have a new file to limewire,but you cant browse me, will you know its there or not ??

Newbee2

Last edited by newbee2; October 30th, 2006 at 04:46 PM.